Accessibility is a priority for us and we see it as our task to continuously improve it. At the same time, we are aware that we cannot consider all barriers and needs equally and that we make mistakes.
Please feel free to contact us with any criticism, feedback or questions:
Phone: 0049 30 27 89 00 58
Accessibility of our website
We try to make this website as accessible as possible and aim to comply with the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) criteria for accessible websites – the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) – at level AA.
Here you will find an overview of the design and handling:
- At the top right, you can switch to dark mode by clicking on the circular symbol.
- You can also use your own browser settings to change the appearance of the page to suit you. The design should not block this.
- The texts and spacing can be controlled by the browser’s font size. Alternatively, you can change the font size and letter spacing directly on the website using the icon in the top right-hand corner with the small and capital letter T.
- All links and buttons on the website can be controlled via the keyboard.
- Active fields are clearly marked by a frame.
- On all sub-pages you will find links to the following pages.
- There is a table of content at the top of the archive pages.
- Screen readers can read this website.
- There are alternative texts with descriptions of images.
- If there is sound or video on the page, standardised controls are used. We selected a control that is easy to use and accessible.
- If videos contain subtitles, these can be switched on and are not flattened into the video.
- The programmed graphics help structure the pages and separate the content.
- The font is sans serif, has conventional letterforms and clear openings.
- The colours have high contrasts.
As a project with intersectional aspirations, gender-sensitive language is just as important to us as accessibility. Therefore, in consultation with queer, visually impaired experts, we have decided to use either gender-neutral wording or the gender asterisk in our texts.
We are pleased that you are visiting our website and are always available to answer any questions you may have.